Klonopin – Anti-Epileptic Drug for Fast Effect
Klonopin is a powerful anti-epileptic medication of benzodiazepine group that promotes the necessary brain chemicals balancing. Consequently, the drug helps to decrease the symptoms of numerous related health disorders, such as panic disorders, seizures and anxiety. Additionally, the treatment can be taken in other cases that are not mentioned in the safety guide.
Facts Your Doctor Should Know before You Take the Medication: Precautions, Contraindications and Interactions
Since the medication affects vital body organs and functions, its intake should be thoroughly inspected by the doctor. Talk to your healthcare professional before the beginning of the medication intake in order to make it advantageous and completely effective. Inform the doctor about all the illnesses and other health disorders you have to avoid undesirable risks. The treatment is contraindicated for several groups of patients, especially those who:
- Are sensitive to the ingredients of the drug;
- Have seriousliverdysfunctions;
- Are diagnosed with narrow-angle glaucoma;
- Are allergic to benzodiazepines, other pharmaceuticals or food;
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding;
- Are less than 18 years old.
Besides, provide the doctor with a full list of other health disorders you are diagnosed with, including:
- Liver or kidney disorders;
- Alcohol or drugaddiction;
- Psychologicalillness, mentaldisease;
- Depression, anxiety or their history;
- Bronchitis, emphysema, chronic obstructive pulmonary disorder, asthma, other breathing issues, etc.
Instructions for Klonopin Administration
Klonopin produces a very powerful impact on the organism. Moreover, the drug may be habit-forming, while its misuse may sometimes be fatal. Consequently, following the doctor’s recommendations and directions is an inevitable condition for a safe treatment course. The medication should never be taken in higher or lower doses than advised. Also don't change the length of the therapy. However, your healthcare provider may change these adjustments in order to achieve the best possible effect.
Klonopin is for short-term use only. The treatment should not be used for more than 9 weeks. Never crush, break or chew the tablet. Swallow it whole instead. Frequent medical tests will be necessary for patients, who are using the drug for a long time. An average Klonopin dose varies from 0.5 mg to 1.5 mg active ingredient a day. The dose is commonly divided into two-three intakes for a better effect. The maximal safe Klonopin dose is 4-5 mg a day.
Klonopin Overuse and Misuse Consequences
Call your doctor or seek emergency medical help in case you have got any symptoms of Klonopin overuse or misuse. The most dangeroussideeffectsinclude:
- Sudden and reasonless behavior and mood changes;
- Aggression, confusion, lightheadedness;
- Breathing problems;
- Heartrhythm disorders, etc.